September 8th, 2021
A lot has changed in the last year and a half, and it's common for families to still feel that their lives and routines aren't quite back to normal. Of all the healthy habits worth re-establishing, dental check-ups are at the top of the list!
Preventive dental check-ups every 6 months are important for many reasons. Seeing the dentist regularly means there's a better chance of catching cavities while they are still small and easy to treat. A professional dental cleaning with your favorite hygienist removes plaque and bacteria from the mouth, keeping your child's gums healthy and reducing his/her cavity risk.
What a difference a cleaning can make!
We make dental appointments easy for parents and fun for kids! Book online anytime - try it HERE
We can't wait to see you soon!
August 19th, 2021
Whether your baby is breast or bottle fed, healthy dental habits are important!
Follow these tips to keep your baby cavity free:
- Wipe your baby's gums and teeth clean after each feeding.
- Don't allow your child to breast or bottle feed at will throughout the night. Make sure your baby finishes feeding before bed and goes to sleep with clean teeth and gums.
- If your child is bottle fed, do not put any other liquids besides milk/formula in the bottle.
- Don't put your child to bed with a bottle. If your child must have the bottle in bed, make sure it's filled with plain water only.
"Baby Bottle Decay" is a common term for the devastating, full-mouth cavities that can form when teeth are constantly exposed to the natural sugars in breastmilk and formula. Don't let the name fool you - breastfed babies are equally susceptible to this type of cavities!
Your child's first dental visit should happen by age 1 or when the first tooth erupts, whichever comes first.
Regular 6 month dental check-ups with a board certified pediatric dental specialist is an important part of your baby's oral health care.
July 21st, 2021
Superheroes of Dentistry
The pediatric specialists of CDCI are proud to offer gentle laser dentistry with our Waterlase dental laser that we have affectionately named "Sparky!"
So what's the big deal about laser dentistry???
- Faster healing time! Lasers seal and heal tissues as they're being treated.
- Little to no bleeding and no stitches required! That's the beauty of the healing power of the laser.
- Little anesthetic needed - or sometimes none at all! The laser is more gentle than the traditional dental drill.
- Fewer trips to the office for treatment. Gentler treatment and less anesthetic usually means that children can tolerate more treatment in one appointment than they might with a traditional drill.
- Reduce bacteria in the mouth. Lasers do more than just replace the drill! We also use therapeutic laser treatment to kill bacteria and decrease bum inflammation in kids with gingivitis. This is especially helpful for kids with braces!
- Zap cold sores. Why wait 7-10 days for a painful cold sore to resolve itself when a therapeutic laser treatment can cut that healing time in half?
Learn more about laser dentistry HERE
Let us show you how gentle laser treatment can totally change your child's dental experience!
June 16th, 2021
We are SOOO excited to welcome Dr. Alvin Michael to the CDCI team!
The pediatric specialist team at CDCI is growing again! Dr. Alvin Michael will be joining us on Fridays starting July 23rd, 2021. We cannot wait for you to meet him!
Here are a few fun facts about our newest team member:
- He's TALL! 6 foot 8 inches, to be exact. And yes, he does play basketball!
- He was born and raised in Mesquite, TX.
- He speaks Malayalam (a South Indian language).
- He loves kids and enjoys spending time with his large extended family.
- You can learn more about Dr. Michael on our website.
You may have already met him at our 7th Annual Patient Appreciation Day at the Dallas Zoo!
Check out more of Dr. Michael in the June issue of Living Magazine and on our website!
Summer appointments are filling up fast! Give us a call today at 214-484-3199 or book online. And yes, you can ask for Dr. Michael!