July 21st, 2021
Superheroes of Dentistry
The pediatric specialists of CDCI are proud to offer gentle laser dentistry with our Waterlase dental laser that we have affectionately named "Sparky!"
So what's the big deal about laser dentistry???
- Faster healing time! Lasers seal and heal tissues as they're being treated.
- Little to no bleeding and no stitches required! That's the beauty of the healing power of the laser.
- Little anesthetic needed - or sometimes none at all! The laser is more gentle than the traditional dental drill.
- Fewer trips to the office for treatment. Gentler treatment and less anesthetic usually means that children can tolerate more treatment in one appointment than they might with a traditional drill.
- Reduce bacteria in the mouth. Lasers do more than just replace the drill! We also use therapeutic laser treatment to kill bacteria and decrease bum inflammation in kids with gingivitis. This is especially helpful for kids with braces!
- Zap cold sores. Why wait 7-10 days for a painful cold sore to resolve itself when a therapeutic laser treatment can cut that healing time in half?
Learn more about laser dentistry HERE
Let us show you how gentle laser treatment can totally change your child's dental experience!
June 16th, 2021
We are SOOO excited to welcome Dr. Alvin Michael to the CDCI team!
The pediatric specialist team at CDCI is growing again! Dr. Alvin Michael will be joining us on Fridays starting July 23rd, 2021. We cannot wait for you to meet him!
Here are a few fun facts about our newest team member:
- He's TALL! 6 foot 8 inches, to be exact. And yes, he does play basketball!
- He was born and raised in Mesquite, TX.
- He speaks Malayalam (a South Indian language).
- He loves kids and enjoys spending time with his large extended family.
- You can learn more about Dr. Michael on our website.
You may have already met him at our 7th Annual Patient Appreciation Day at the Dallas Zoo!
Check out more of Dr. Michael in the June issue of Living Magazine and on our website!
Summer appointments are filling up fast! Give us a call today at 214-484-3199 or book online. And yes, you can ask for Dr. Michael!
May 18th, 2021
Ask anyone at CDCI why they work in the dental field and they'll tell you it's because they love helping people! Our doctors and staff make helping the kids of our community their daily mission - and we don't let that limit us to just your dental appointments! We host an annual food drive, serve as a designated Toys for Tots drop off center, and much, much more throughout the year. Check out our community outreach gallery to learn more!
We love inviting our patients and their families to join us in giving back to the community by participating in our events. Make sure you follow us on Facebook and Instagram (@cdci_kuba) to keep up with our latest activities. We hope to see you at our next event!
April 20th, 2021
Earlier this month we celebrated National Dental Hygienists Appreciation Week and spotlighted our 3 superstar hygienists, Maria, Rocio, and Darby!
So what does a dental hygienist do? . . . So much more than "just clean teeth!" Dental hygienists are trained to:
- Remove bacteria-filled plaque and tartar from the mouth
- Administer fluoride treatments
- Apply sealants
- Take x-rays
- Assess a patient's oral health and report to the dentist
- Complete chart notes and clinical documentation
- Educate patients about their oral health
What does it take to become a dental hygienist? . . . In the state of Texas, a registered dental hygienist completes a 2 or 4 year degree in dental hygiene studies - including biology, chemistry, and pharmacology - and then must pass a state board licensing exam. Hygienists are also required to complete continuing education every year to maintain their licensure. This equips the hygiene team to be fantastic oral health educators!
What kind of experience can my child expect with a pediatric trained dental hygienist? . . . At Children's Dental Centre of Irving, our top priorities are keeping kids cavity-free and creating positive dental memories! Hygienists who are trained to work with kids have multiple techniques and strategies to keep the visit positive and upbeat. They are also enthusiastic about patient education and enjoy encouraging children to take part in their oral health care at home.
Staying up to date with regular 6 month dental check-ups is a key element in building healthy habits for life! If your family is due for dental check-ups, please give us a call today at 214-484-3199 or book online.
Our hygienists can't wait to see you!