Have you noticed chalky white spots on your child’s permanent teeth? These areas of weakened enamel can be treated with ICON resin infiltration. ICON treatment is a minimally invasive procedure designed to correct white spot lesions on permanent teeth.
So how does it work?
- Teeth are cleaned and rinsed, then coated in a special solution and rinsed again.
- The ICON resin – similar to a runny filling material – is placed on the teeth and allowed time to soak into the enamel of the teeth.
- The dentist will shine a light on the ICON to cure and harden it.
- The dentist may use a handpiece to smooth and polish the tooth surface.
- Steps may be repeated as needed.
There is no drilling or numbing involved!